Thursday, November 03, 2005

TIP: How to get back to main site after leaving a comment

For those of you who leave comments you might be interested to know that you can get back to the home page of my blog by clicking on the name of the site at the top of the page where it says "Post a comment on: Random Thoughts of a Geordie Down-Under".

The cleverer amongst you have probably already figured this out but it isn't obvious and it's been driving me balmy for the last month. After annoyingly clicking the back button or re-loading the whole site every time I'd viewed a comment for the last few weeks, finally today I thought in exasperation "there must be an easier way. Why isn't there a link?" and I looked very hard and found it.

By the way, does anyone know whether "cleverer" is really a word?

3 comments:

brent said...

Yes cleverer is a word (dictionary.com). However I think 'smarter' would be the cleverer word to use. There is an article on the BBC News site under the headline "'Men cleverer than women' claim" but if 'smarter' is the cleverer word then that would mean the article must've been written by a woman. If it is written by a man then 'cleverer' is in fact the smarter word to use. I am confused... I am a man.

Unknown said...

Maybe the article was actually written by a lying man! And let's not forget that it is just a "claim". Has it actually been proven? And perhaps cleverer is the cleverer word to use because smarter might also mean "more fashionable or elegant" therefore smarter is actually an ambiguous word to use whereas it's fairly obvious what cleverer means (unless you look at dictionary.com's 4th definition which says "Easily managed; docile" which to me means quite the opposite of clever).

brent said...

"Easily managed; docile" ... also how the smarter woman describes her man, which therefore means that man = cleverer based on that definition as well... a n y w a y
... could someone help me out of this hole :)