Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Proof of the Permanent Residency Visa...


Copy of PB150211
Originally uploaded by LinsB.
... is in the passport!

This picture was taken last Tuesday after my return from Brisbane to collect my boxes and my visa. That's a mini bottle of champagne in the stubby cooler. Actually, Brent gave me that last Christmas and I deliberately put it away to open when my residency was granted. Thanks Brent.

I have now unpacked four of the five boxes and it's amazing how easily everything has been absorbed into the house. The only things sticking out like a sore thumb are my books because I still don't have bookshelves but we're hoping to make some temporary ones this weekend. I was very excited to get the stereo up and running and now just have to get the FM arial sorted out and we'll have radio again. It's lovely to be surrounded by so many familiar things and Jingles is very pleased to be in Australia. He's thinking of becoming a citizen and thinks stubby coolers are an excellent invention.

No comments: