Monday, August 06, 2007

Poetry: With You

This is the poem I read out at our wedding on Friday. I wrote it back in January shortly after Toby and I became engaged.


For you I crossed oceans wide and blue.
For you I traversed lands exotic and new.
For you I left those close to my heart.
For you I embarked on a brand new start.

With you I explore a new homeland;
We run across its golden sands.
With you I dive the ocean so warm,
And sail over waters flat and calm.

With you everything is exciting and new,
Your innocent enthusiasm always shines through.
With you the world is bright and alive;
I can do anything with you by my side.

With you I have explored the depths of my spirit,
The good and the bad, everything in it;
And you've opened up your soul to me,
And we discovered together how to live and to be.

With you I have met new family and friends,
And nourished a love that will never end;
And as we embark on a long life together,
With you I know I will be forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so Sweet Lins,
The home made poetry was a really touching edition to the celebrations and re-reading it then gave me another dose of the tingley feeling when you read it on Friday night.

Unknown said...

Ah! Thanks Jimbo, that's lovely.