Saturday, May 31, 2008

From a seed grows a tiny green thing

Toby has just reminded me that I should update you on my lovely seeds.

Last week I sowed some aubergine/eggplant, pepper/capsicum and broccoletti. I can only imagine the latter is a bit of a Malcolm, somewhere between a broccoli and a broccolini; a little broccoli but not a tiny one.

My little babies are starting to grow. I have a few red lettuce, one or two green lettuce and loads of broccoletti, keen little devils that they are. Oh and one pepper plant. No sign of the baby carrots yet though, lazy mites.

None of the seedlings look anything like their adult relations yet. In fact they all look remarkably similar. I do hope they're not weeds. Anyway, they're still tiny. A bit like human babies, I suppose they all look the same. Can't wait until they're big enough to transplant to the ground and make room for more.

2 comments:

brent said...

I think a broccoletti is an Italian scooter :)

Unknown said...

Oh cool! That could come in really handy and we have a few of them too. I wonder if you can get Japanese car seeds...