Thursday, April 06, 2006

Why I love living where I live...


Beautifully calm Buddina beach on Saturday 1st April 2006.


"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the sea."

Why I love living where I live....
... because occasionally I can force myself to get out of bed, put on a bikini and walk for about two minutes until I encounter a beautiful paradise such as this beach where I can either go for a walk in the sunshine watching sandcrabs scuttle into their burrows, or I can comb the beach for interesting and unusual shells washed up in the latest storms, or, as I usually choose to do, I can dive into the crystal blue waters and really wake myself up.

Besides the fact that most of my best friends and family aren't here, why would I want to live anywhere else?

It's a bit different to the angry ocean featured in my poem anyway.

No comments: