Saturday, April 15, 2006

It's a nice day for a white wedding!


Saturday 8th April was indeed a nice day for a white wedding which was just as well because we went to one. Well, actually it wasn't that white, more a sort of vintage-silk-and-lace-in-an-off-white-almost-very-pale-green-kind-of-colour wedding. Well the dress was anyway although it was much nicer than I have described. I'll have to see if I can find a photograph. Unfortunately I didn't get too many of the bride and groom because when the photographs were being taken we took the opportunity to take a family photo whilst we were all dressed up so here you all go. This is my Australian family. Ah! Bless, aren't they dead canny?

This weekend we're back at Toby's parents' place so that Toby and his Dad can build a carport, only Toby kinked his neck on Thursday night so has only been able to do light work. This meant that his mum and I have had to do a lot of the heavy lifting tasks. Let's just say it has been an interesting exercise in communication, planning, "authority" ("respect ma authoritaahh!!!") and teamwork.

I think I'll probably be back with more photos and updates before the end of the Easter break but just before I sign off for today I have to share some exciting news with you all. My best friend Catherine and her hubbie John have just had their second baby, a boy called Joshua John. He was born two days ago and she has already sent me through some lovely photos of the baby with their (almost) four year-old daughter Jessica. I hope they don't mind me mentioning it but I'm very excited by this news and can't wait to see them all again when I'm next home.

No comments: