Friday, January 20, 2006

My blog looks TERRIBLE in Internet Explorer

I have just discovered that my blog looks awful in Internet Explorer. All the text is really big - good if you're a bit short-sighted I suppose - and there's a massive block of just nothing at the top of the page so that you have to scroll down to actually read the posts.

I never use IE. I don't trust it and I don't particularly like it. I much prefer Mozilla FireFox and can heartily recommend it to anyone. But anyway, there are probably other equally good alternatives to IE out there.

So this post is just a quick apology to those of you who use IE and think my blog is awful. Really, it's not. Not if you have a decent browser.

Let me know by way of a comment on this post whether you use IE - I can probably figure it out from my stats anyway but at least if you leave a comment I know it's really bugging you - and if there are enough of you for me to care then I'll think about fixing it up.

But really, you probably shouldn't be using IE anyway. Not if you can help it.

3 comments:

brent said...

Looks fine to me... text is ok (you can change default using View > Text size)
no block of nothing at the top etc...

Anonymous said...

looks ok to me, that's in IE hosted through FeedDemon (btw, thank you for full text feeds)

Unknown said...

Great! Seems the big block of nothing is to do with text size (weird!) so as long as no half-blind people want to read my site in IE it should be okay.

Half-blind people are advised to read my site in Firefox because that works okay.

Fully blind people are advised to invest in a screen reader (and I'd be really interested to hear how that turns out).

So, yay! No having to change it!