Monday, January 23, 2006

Angourie Holiday Photos Are Online

I never did get around to writing about our New Year holiday in Angourie and it's a bit difficult now as it was so long ago. But I did finally get around to putting my photographs from the trip online so feel free to check them out at http://snapper.cvsdude.com/gallery/linsb/v/20051231_Angourie/.

Just briefly, six of us rented a beach house for a week from 27th December in a little village called Angourie in New South Wales, 4 km south of a town called Yamba. Angourie is famed for its surf breaks as it has beautiful beaches and there is always a protected spot.

The six in question were Toby and I, Mark and Mindi and Oscar and Jackie, friends Toby knows from his uni days who live in Sydney. Staying nearby was Mark's flatmate Guy and his family who were visiting from Hong Kong and California. For New Year's Eve even more folk arrived, including Pete and Daneale, friends who were with us on our Lady Musgrave Island paradise holiday last New Year.

It was a great trip, the weather was fantastic, we surfed and snorkelled. I met a squid for the first time and we saw lots of sting rays. We did yoga on the beach, ate good food, went on nice walks, windsurfed. Oscar's latest hobby is movie making so we spent a fair amount of time filming a five minute movie for a film competition he wanted to enter. Everyone got to play a part. Toby was the lead: a guy who is a bit of a lout and then has an epiphany and becomes all zen-like. I was a beach "babe" he tries to chat up only I wasn't allowed a speaking part because of my "weird" accent. Don't worry, my time will come. There is an aspiring actress within me as most of you who know me I'm sure will agree. I just need the right part and Oscar clearly didn't have it (although where he got the idea from that I could be a beach "babe" frankly is beyond me.) I'm yet to see the footage. I do hope I sucked my belly in enough. Didn't help that I got to beach-babe with Jackie who is a beach babe and has beautiful Croatian tanned olive skin. So, I'll be hoping that I actually look nothing like me really so that I can pretend it was someone else. The weirdest thing was wearing stage make-up to the beach!

No comments: