Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Eating soup with a teaspoon

Today at work I had to eat my soup with a teaspoon.

It was a frustrating experience. It occurred because of a lack of resources (i.e. normal-sized spoons). The teaspoon was an inadequate alternative, particularly because some of the vegetables in my soup were bigger than teaspoon-size. Whilst I achieved my goal of consuming my soup, it was a lengthy experience and my enjoyment was diminished.

Eventually I found a cheap, plastic spoon in my desk drawer. This wasn't as shiny and smooth as the teaspoon but at least it allowed me to get a reasonable mouthful of soup.

I can see this might prove to be a useful analogy some day.

2 comments:

i heart food connect said...

ah ha, we had the same thing at my work with forks! admin had a very strange reason for not getting more, so i went to lifeline and bought 20 for 10 cents each. now there is a fork whenever i want one!!! janette

Unknown said...

Yes, it's happened with forks here too. In fact it's usually forks although we seem to have a few of them at the moment. Admin have been out and bought entire new cutlery sets and yet somehow the forks (or in this case the spoons) still go missing. It's crazy!