Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cool slideshow feature: Tasmania

I have just discovered a cool feature of Google Photos (Picasa) and that is the ability to create slideshows of your albums to embed in a web page or blog post. This differs from the permanent slideshow that I have in my toolbar to the right as I can only display one album at a time here, it's small and you can't view captions. With the Google Photos Slideshow I can choose the size and create a new slideshow every time I post a new album. You can view captions by clicking on the speech bubble. (If you can't see speech bubble and other controls just hover your mouse over the slideshow.)

Of course you can always go and run the full size slideshow yourself by clicking on the 'My photo gallery' link to the right but a cool new toy is a cool new toy and it just begs to be played with. So here is the first of what could be many embedded albums: Honeymoon in Tasmania.

1 comment:

i heart food connect said...

OMG that is very cool. i will have to get my picassa account organised, i'm kinda between photo sites at the moment, i used to have a pbase account, now i just kinda stick em on facebook for want of somewhere better.

have a fun time on your trip home!

Janette