Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Making the world a smaller place

Okay, so I'm supposed to be working but I just had to share with you all the following email forwarded to my mother from the Sunderland Echo. (Yes, we made the Echo too!) Perhaps I am in some small way making a difference in the world. Okay, so I didn't actually do anything technical, but I did get married.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 05 September 2007
To: Echo News
Subject: news item on 'wedcast' australian wedding-echo sept 5th

I was very interested in the above news item as parts of my family are similarly unable to attend a family wedding, to take place in Perth Australia in February next year. The groom is British and is my nephew and the bride is Australian. The idea of being able to participate in the way described is very exciting. I wondered if you might be able to pass on my contact details to the person who managed to arrange this to see if it might be possible to set this up again and what the cost might be. I would be most grateful if you could help in any way.

We spoke to a copywriter from Telstra last night. They're planning on writing a testimonial to use for publicity and advertising purposes. Perhaps they should get together with BT and produce a "How-to". Anyway, it's nice for us to see emails such as this, as the wedding seems like a lifetime ago after all of the house hassle of recent weeks. Incidentally, tomorrow night we're off to see our official photographs with our wonderful photographer, Tanya (who, by the way, has chosen our wedding for her double-page advert for 2008!!). How excited am I?

No comments: