Thursday, April 26, 2007

Things you see every day but don't really notice - No. 1

Sign outside lift on ground floor of my building:

"Do not use lifts if there is a fire"

If I was more prepared I would have taken a photograph but you'll just have to take my word for it. I can understand why you might place such a message on any of the other floors but the ground floor? It begs the question, why would one be entering a building (because that's the only thing you're likely to be doing if you're accessing the lift from the ground floor) if there is a fire inside said building? Unless of course one is unaware that there is a fire in said building, which then means that one would ignore the message anyway, which kind of renders the message pointless, obsolete and a waste of space, wouldn't you say?

No comments: