Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The weird and the wonderful

The weird

Yesterday lunchtime I saw a car in a tree! It was the most bizarre thing and I didn't note too many details as I was driving around a small roundabout with emergency vehicles parked at the side at the time. Before you ask, I have no idea what kind of car it was but it was red. It was definitely in the tree as opposed to wrapped around it, or pushed up it. Yes, IN the tree, up the tree! A few feet up the tree! The road just before the tree sloped and there was a roundabout so the only thing I can imagine that happened is that the car came too fast down the road and couldn't manage the roundabout and somehow flipped up into the tree. I can't remember if the car was pointing upwards or downwards. There were a lot of emergency folk mulling around rubbing their chins. There was no one in the car. But there must have been someone in it when it first got into the tree so I'm intrigued to know how they managed to get the person out without the car falling out of the tree. So far I have not managed to find any reference to it on our local paper's website. All in all it was very surreal.


The wonderful

I'm going to see U2 tonight. I can hardly believe it. My friend Jill, God bless her, asked me at the weekend if I'd like to purchase her spare ticket for the gig in Brisbane. I told myself that if it was less than $100 then I'd go - an early birthday present to myself. It was! I am so excited. I'm leaving work in about 5 minutes to get the train down to Brisbane and staying overnight with friends before heading straight back to work in the morning. I have copied all my U2 albums onto my new MP3 player and I'll spend the 2 hour journey listening to them. What with that and the Melbourne Cup (I didn't win!) it's such an exciting day that I don't quite know what to do with myself and can hardly concentrate on any work. I'd better be off then... I'll report back later and let you know how rad the gig was.

No comments: