Friday, June 02, 2006

Too busy to blog

It's sad but true. I thought you might want to know that though. And since I've started a post just to tell you I'm too busy to post I may as well give you a bullet point update.


  • I went to Sydney for Anna's 30th birthday at the weekend. It was great to see her, we had a fab party, got very drunk, I was designated photographer which was a great way to meet all of Anna's friends (I forgot my own camera! Can you believe it! What a moron). Sam Bradon and Tim Ayling from uni were there with their girlfriends so we had a mini York reunion down-under. I don't think any of us would have thought nine years ago when we left uni that we'd spend our 30th birthdays together in Australia. Bizarre. We also briefly caught up with Oscar and Jackie from our Angourie holiday at New Year.

  • Work is crazy. A friend recently sent through an online quiz to see if people could tell the difference between a computer programmer and a serial killer. I scored six out of ten which, given that I work with computer programmers, is a little worrying. Stress levels are climbing and I'm beginning to understand why you might confuse the two.

  • For those dream analysts last night I dreamt about a fat lizard who'd had most of his tail bitten off, a larger lizard, and the hugest python you could imagine. I could sense he was harmless but I couldn't be sure so I was a little scared anyway and was trying to show him to Toby but he was being a bit elusive and kept just turning up when I was least expecting him too.

  • Went to see Ross Noble last night. Christ that man is funny! By the end of the first half I was almost wishing it was over, my jaws, cheeks, ribs and stomach were aching that much from laughing. It was just what the doctor ordered after a stressful day at work. I wish he could come and live with us so we could have five minutes of randomist laughter every evening. Instead I made do with a DVD. He reminded me of home. Toby thinks he sounds like me Dad but I'm not so convinced. It was nice though, having someone with a geordie accent who also knows about Australia because sometimes I feel a bit stranded between two worlds. Now that I know I'm stranded with the likes of Ross Noble I feel much better. The lucky barsteward gets to live both here and in England though. One day, my petals, one day!



Right-oh that's probably enough of an update. I have to go tend to the University's ailing website redesign project before it's all too late. Never fear! Buckle's here. (Funny, the uni's management don't look too relieved by that. Little do they know.)

1 comment:

brent said...

I think there is a link between 'work is crazy' and the dream. The fat lizard, the larger lizard and the (seemingly) harmless python are all people you work with. I think you need to be wary of the python.