Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Another Lindsey Buckle!!!

There's another Lindsey Buckle in the world! Found him/her when googling my name in an moment of boredom and self-obsession: http://www.bctrust.org/Tshirts.html. This other Lindsey Buckle is obviously a bit younger than me - about 11 by my calculations - and American but we can't all be perfect and s/he's a good artist.

I did come up on the first page twice actually, once for being on LinkedIn and again for a comment I left on the BBC website after the solar eclipse in 1999.

Then I tried putting my name in quotes and found the movie Oscar made whilst we were on holiday over New Year 2006. It's the first time I've seen the final production, starring Toby. Check it out: http://www.switch.tv/videos/598

On the second page of that search is a link to an article which appeared in the Evening Standard newspaper six years ago where I was randomly interviewed on the street about my salary and spending habits. That was a bit of a blast from the past. I remember that period of my life now. It was back when I was the centre of the universe and well on my way to being famous. I was approached by a model agency on London Bridge to fill in for a model who hadn't shown up... had to pretend to walk past a red London bus for an ad for a mobile phone company, so that I would be in focus but the bus would be blurred. Trouble was we had to wait for a bus to come past and then the sun went in and the photographer had to change the film in his camera (remember the days of film?) and in the end I had to leave for my dental appointment. There was also the time I was filmed by BBC News walking across London Bridge. I think they still drag that one out of the archives occasionally although I've never seen it. Oh yes... and then there was the time Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen serenaded me on camera in one of the tunnels of Bank tube station whilst I ran away in horror on my way to the theatre.... ah! Those were the days, when fame and fortune were at my fingertips.

No comments: